Nonprofits aren’t immune from the COVID-19 pandemic. In this episode, we caught up with Make-A-Wish Wisconsin executives Patti Gorsky, president and CEO, and Forrest Doolen, Director of Marketing and Communications.
They join show host Karl Robe to discuss how Make-A-Wish Wisconsin is adapting in the COVID-19 era to ensure wishes of kids and families continue to come true. How did they pivot when the coronavirus crisis hit just weeks before Make-A-Wish Wisconsin’s biggest annual fundraiser? We discuss this and the following topics in this episode.
Podcast Topics Covered:
- How Make-A-Wish Wisconsin is adapting to take care of stakeholders (kids/families, employees, donors, partners, others) during the COVID-19 crisis.
- How they pivoted to a virtual event weeks away from its largest annual fundraiser.
- What they did to ensure fundraising and wishes continue to be granted.
- What they learned as a leading nonprofit during the coronavirus crisis.
- And, in a touching moment, hear some of the wishes requested by kids and granted by Make-A-Wish Wisconsin.
- Finally, if you want to donate, and trust your funds will go to a quality organization, read the short paragraph below. You will understand why Make-A-Wish Wisconsin is the gold standard for Make-A-Wish America.
The Wisconsin chapter of Make-A-Wish is considered to be one of the top chapters in the country. In fact, in 2018, Make-A-Wish America presented the Wisconsin chapter with one of its highest honors – the Power of One Award for making the most significant impact on the entire Make-A-Wish enterprise. They are the only chapter to have one this award twice, with other time being in 2012. Make-A-Wish Wisconsin has more than 420 wishes currently in progress. 90 of those wishes so far have been delayed due to the current coronarvirus health crisis.
While a lot of life is on hold right now, critical illnesses do not stop and Make-A-Wish is committed to granting the life-changing wish of every eligible child. To help make wishes come true for kids battling critical illnesses, please donate today at www.wisconsin.wish.org/give.